Thursday 9 January 2014

The first week.

As of this afternoon, I have finished my first 'proper' week of training.  (As per The Plan, I have designated Saturday as my 'week commencing' day, as that's when I am hoping to get most of my long runs done.)

So, one long run (14 miles); one medium run (6 miles); and two short runs (3 miles).  Not bad.  A few ticks on the chart, which is always satisfying.

Overall, it's been fun.  It's been pretty all-encompassing, but I kind of hope that is due to the current novelty value and will wear off a bit.  Fingers crossed, before too long I will just be getting on with the task at hand, rather than devoting most of my waking thoughts to the whole thing.  Otherwise these next few months are going to be exhausting (probably more for my poor boyfriend than for me, to be fair).  I just want to be good friends with running, not marry it!

A day off tomorrow, and then 15 miles on Saturday to kick off Week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment