Wednesday 22 January 2014

Some improvement.

I was determined that last night's 'medium' run should not be a repeat of last week's pathetic performance.

And (hurrah) it wasn't.  I set out determined to do much better and I powered up the hills I had inexplicably struggled with last week.  I did this by the use of cheesy mantras in my head, which kind of went: 'you are getting better at this; you are doing the training and it is working; you feel stronger all the time'.  Etcetera.

And it worked, cheesily.  I completed my eight miles and made it home in record time, as well.

However, in the interests of full disclosure, I should probably also mention that this may also be because I have almost finished Dr Sleep (Stephen King' new sequel to The Shining) and could not wait to get home and pick it up again.  It is truly terrifying, so the adrenaline of panicking about what might happen next powered me along at a good clip.

Horror novels are clearly the key to fast running.

No comments:

Post a Comment