Monday 17 February 2014

Overload

Hi!  How are you all?

As well as being away, I've been laid up with a kidney infection, which forced a hiatus from running.  I don't know if the two were related, but a few people I have spoken to have agreed that marathon training can do some weird/gross/unexpected things to your body.  Thankfully, after a few emergency visits to the doctor and antibiotics, I am now fine.

However, the enforced running hiatus has obviously been a worry.  The whole thing has also made me a bit nervous about the long distances I'm running, and wearing myself down, etc.

Today I went for a run, my first in over a week, with some trepidation.  I set out to a wind-battered Hove seafront and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was... fine.  I felt pretty strong and enjoyed my plodding along for eight miles.  I need to get back onto the mega distances but this is a good re-start for now.  Once I hit my stride, I didn't really feel like I'd been off it.  I'm pleased about this, as I was worried about my confidence being knocked further.

Phew.  With less than two months to go now, and a lot of sponsorship money racked up, the pressure is growing and I can't cave now!

Any tips for keeping me healthy at this stage?  Any and all gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment