Monday 2 February 2015

NDJ's London Marathon - Tin rattling

Quite apart from injury, and snow, and hill running, and the desperate search for a public clock, something else happened this week: I chose my charity. It was a long time coming, with a lot of overthinking, but in the end last week's snow and freezing weather, while making running difficult, made the choice of charity much easier.

Like most people who work in central London, my journey to work makes homelessness impossible to ignore. And in a week where my colleagues and I bemoaned our frozen hands and feet every day after a ten minute walk from the tube station, contemplating what it must be like to sleep out in that kind of weather, as I see people doing every morning, is terrifying.

And so I have decided to run for Crisis, a brilliant charity whose work in supporting the homeless and campaigning to end homelessness you can read more about here: Crisis website

I'm well aware that people are always asking for sponsorship, for everything from growing a moustache, to giving up booze, to running a marathon, so please don't feel obliged in any way. But if you do have a few pounds going spare and would like to put it towards the worthy cause of my suffering over 26.2 miles, you can donate here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/nikidjlondon2015

No comments:

Post a Comment